We are excited to announce we have finalized an order for a new rescue truck with 4 Guys Fire Trucks of Meyersdale, Pennsylvania. This truck will replace our current rescue truck which is 22 years old. The new vehicle offers a variety of improvements, including enhanced safety features that will provide better protection for the firefighters seated in the truck. The rescue truck is primarily used for responses to car accidents, elevator entrapments, water rescues and mutual aid calls to neighboring fire departments. It is also used as a support vehicle at fire scenes and will carry a variety of modernized firefighting equipment, including a CAFS enforcer foam cell. We are sincerely appreciative of the hard work and dedication of the members of our truck committee, who researched and designed this vehicle, which will provide decades of service to our community.
From 4 Guys Fire Apparatus
Harris Hill Volunteer Fire Company for their recent order of a 4 Guys Stainless Steel Walk around rescue truck. Located in Erie County, NY, the Harris Hill VFC was founded in 1937 to protect life and property of the Town of Clarence residents in the south-west area of the town. The 18-foot rescue body and subframe will be built from 12-gauge 304 stainless steel with our industry famous 30-year warranty. The truck will be built on a Spartan Emergency Response Metro Star chassis with a ELFD 20" Raised Roof cab. The body features include:
EnforcerOne Enforcer 30 portable CAFS system
Amdor Inc. roll-up doors
Akron Brass Weldon VMUX multiplexed electrical system
Whelen Engineering Company, Inc. Warning and DOT lighting
Fire Research Corporation Spectra LED Scene Lighting
Command Light KL415D-FX light tower
The History of the Harris Hill Volunteer Fire Company
The formation of a volunteer fire company at Harris Hill was underway in October of 1936 with twenty-three men signifying their intention of becoming charter members.
The Harris Hill Volunteer Fire company would be incorporated on January 7th, 1937, with John H. Farrell acting as President and Chief to fifty brand new firefighters. The bi-monthly meetings were held at various members homes, the school basement, or The Rose Garden on Wehrle Dr. They battled fires with one truck and didn’t even have an established district until 1939. Some of their first equipment included a dozen rubber coats and boots they purchased for $10.50.
To raise operating funds, the new fire company held "Smoker Parties" every few months. The first Monte Carlo party required an outlay of $209.55 and returned $210.85. An annual picnic and carnival was held on Saturday July 20th, 1940. The affair was open to the public and attracted hundreds. The signing of a Fire Protection contract with the Town of Clarence in 1941 eased financial worries. The Town of Clarence paid 1/10th of the assessed valuation of all homes in the district. At the time of signing, it came to about $550.00.
Please click the link below to see the full document